Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Temprary Door



I decided I needed a temporary door to hold the sand back during the molding process. I held a piece of MDF up to the opening and traced the shape. Once cut, I put a couple of pieces a steel strapping on the arch frame to hold the door in. When I am ready to dig the sand out I can swivel these out of the way. Also a couple of screws will allow me to lift the door up and out of the frame. A bit of flexible masking tape on the back will keep sand from filling up my wiggle room. You can also see some sticks in the picture above that I held in place with a little clay (maybe a fist size amount, the rest is sand that I started shoveling in before I remembered to take a picture). The single one towards the back of the oven will dictate the highest point of the sand mold. The two shorter ones in the front will hold the chimney (along with a convenient protrusion on one of the bricks).

No comments:

Post a Comment